Register to Vote
In order to Register to vote, you must:
• be a United States citizen;
• be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form
(note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election
in which you want to vote);
live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
• not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
How and Where to Register to Vote
• You can register in person at Suffolk County Board of Elections
or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center.
• You can call our office at 631-852-4554 to request a voter application.
• You can download a PDF
version of the New York State Voter Registration Form.
• Download English Form
• Download Spanish Form
Alternately, you can complete a PDF
version of the New York State Voter Registration Form on-line by clicking on the link below, typing the necessary information and selecting the appropriate boxes.
• Complete English Form Online
• Complete Spanish Form Online
Once the form is completed, you need to print the form, sign it and mail it.
Print the form, complete and sign it, and mail it to the Suffolk County Board of Elections.
Suffolk County Board of Elections, PO Box 700, Yaphank NY 11980